Frequently Asked Questions
What operating systems can PastPerfect run on?
- PastPerfect runs on Windows operating systems and servers. It is also possible to run PastPerfect on Mac computers with additional software. For more information, visit http://museumsoftware.com/hardware.html.
- PastPerfect does not require any annual fees for use of the program. Technical support is optional and available on an annual basis or per incident.
- AASLH stands for the American Association for State and Local History. Institutional members of AASLH receive a 20% discount on PastPerfect products. For more information about AASLH membership, visit http://about.aaslh.org/membership.
- To use PastPerfect on multiple computers, you will need to purchase one of our Network Upgrades. For more information, visit http://museumsoftware.com/network.html.
- The basic package includes installation of a single database and software access from one computer. Additional access licenses may be purchased. To grant access on up to 5 computers, you would need to purchase the Network Upgrade 2-5 users. For additional information and pricing on our Network Upgrades, visit http://museumsoftware.com/network.html.
- Wireless networks are not recommended for use with PastPerfect. The required network throughput speed for PastPerfect is 100 Mbps (Megabits per second).
- All add-ons are optional and available for purchase separately from the basic program. This allows organizations to only purchase the functionality they need.
- Our conversions team can take a look at your existing data and provide a free estimate on the cost to bring your data into PastPerfect. For more information on our conversion services, visit http://museumsoftware.com/conversions.html.
- We offer Online Training classes throughout the year. Visit http://museumsoftware.com/classes.html for our current schedule and class descriptions. With each class registration, you will receive the companion Training CD, which can also be purchased separately. For more information visit http://museumsoftware.com/trainingcds.html.
- Yes, we offer two products that allow you to share your collections online, Virtual Exhibit and PastPerfect Online. Check out this Knowledge Base article for the differences between the two products.
- We release free updates every few months. Updates are available for all PastPerfect users to download from http://museumsoftware.com/softwareupdates.html.